History

  • In 1785 started Anchor Forge E.J. Smit and Sons in Hoogezand
  • From 1890 the company name became Shipyard E.J. Smit and Sons and the business was expanded with a shipyard in Westerbroek (Groningen)
  • In 1978, the activities at the shipyard in Westerbroek terminated
  • Between 1991-2007 E.J. Smit and Sons continues, with descendant Jan Reint H. Smit as owner, shipbuilding activities at Shipyard De Hoop in Lobith and Houma (Louisiana, USA)
  • In 2007 the ownership of the shipyards in Lobith and Houma are transferred to new owners
  • From 2007 E.J. Smit and Sons is involved in several shipbuilding projects (designing/projectmanagement/intermediary)

 widt=

 widt=

 widt=

 widt=

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2016